Green Issues and Climate Change

Things You Can Do

This page is to help you find out about climate change and what we can all do to help become more environmentally friendly.

Develop your roadside grass verge

Did you know you can plant up your grass verge?

DCC allow homeowners to have cultivation rights over the verges outside their property. Cultivation rights, if agreed, would typically allow a house holder with adjoining verge to plant with low growing shrubs/bedding plants and bulbs. There is no charge for such a licence and the agreement would remain in perpetuity. Planting tends to deter over run from vehicles but of course there can be no guarantee and the homeowner is responsible for the maintenance. Complete the form and apply for permission.