Calow Community Gardening Group
Come and join us...
Would you like to help brighten up our village?
Have a few hours to spare?
We are looking for new members to join us to:
- Plant up verges
- Maintain planters
- Plant trees and develop a green community space for everyone to enjoy
If you like to get involved or just want to know more contact us below.
Sue Addison - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaye Twomlow - email@example.com or 07891349996
What Have We Done in 2021
What we intend to do in 2022
What We've Done So Far in 2022
The Jubilee Hanging Basket Challenge!
As part of our campaign to "Green Up Calow" we have organised a hanging basket challenge as part of the year's celebration of The Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
- All money raised will be donated to Ashgate Hospice.
- Entry fee is £2.50 per basket. You can enter as many baskets as you like.
- Baskets will be judged on originality of design and the use of suitable plants, colours of foliage and flowers.
- Only Calow residents may enter.
- Baskets must be the entrant's own work but plants used may be grown from seed, plug plants or be full sized specimens.
- Prizes of a signed certificate and a National Garden Gift Card (£50, £20, £10 respectively)will be awarded to the entrants of the best three baskets.
- Baskets can be any size.
- Baskets must be fixed to an area of the entrant's property, but can be displayed anywhere e.g. front or back, wall, fence etc.
- Baskets must be the entrant's own work.
- Entries must comply with dates and deadlines below.
- The judges' decision is final.
- Judging is in two phases - initial judging is by members of CCGG who will narrow the entries to three finalists. This judging will be done from entrants' own photographs of their baskets. Photographs of each basket should be taken and submitted by 15th August 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any photographs submitted after the date will not be considered. But remember the final judging takes place as detailed below so don't take your photographs too early!
- The final judging for the top three places will be by a panel of three independent judges. This will take place between 20th - 22nd August 2022, in situ by arrangement with the three finalists.
- These can be downloaded (see below) or collected from the counter at Calow Co-op. (Available from there by Wednesday, 16th March 2022). Completed forms and entry fee(s) should be placed in a sealed envelope and given in to the Co-op by Friday, 3rd June 2022.
- Entries will be acknowledged shortly afterwards.
CCGG Hanging Basket Entry Form (PDF, 147 Kb)
Form for Platinum Jubilee Hanging Basket Competition